Sunday, June 7, 2015

Travel Troubles

I guess traveling is not normal for me.  It all began Saturday when I checked on line to get my boarding passes. Since we all have to fly to Atlanta first them fly out together to Brasilia, I had a flight from Miami to Atlanta.  It stated US Airways. US Airways said they did not have a reservation (but Delta did). Since these two airlines are at opposite sides of the airport (about 1/2 mile apart), I wanted to know where to go.  So since US Airways knew nothing I went to Delta, they found me but could not give a boarding pass to Atlanta. They told me to go back to US Airways. I did, still they ha nothing.  Underneath on the e-ticket it stated that the US airways flight was operated by Republic Air under authority of American Eagle. Miami has no Republic Air, American Eagle had nothing for me.  After an hour (carrying around two heavy bags and my carry on) I found that American had the reservation. I made it to the gate with 5 minutes to spare.  At Atlanta, I asked for a wheel chair (my leg hurt from all the walking) to get to my connection flight terminal which was a train ride away.  The pusher took me out past security, to the parking lot and told me to get on a bus. No one had ID and the bus said airport park and ride.  They refused to help and I was scared since I was outside the airport. I called the police.  Airport police said they could do nothing.  After 30 minutes of trying to get the police to help, I called Delta and they sent a pusher to come a get me. So back through security again, screened again, and took the train to my gate.  After an hour they moved the gate...
After 9 hours on the plane we arrived in Brasilia (no sleep) and I got my luggage first. Yea.  When I got to the hotel, I found that TSA had removed my TSA approved locks and put on a very strong lock that I had no key for.  The hotel tried for a hour with pliers to break the lock. Finally someone found a saw to gut the lock away. TSA lock I bought and the added lock on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment